Friday, July 11, 2014

Stuffed Lamb Chops: A Great Recipe Idea for Lamb

(Originally published at Yahoo.voices formerly Associated Content~7/2/2009)

ABSTRACT: This recipe adds a little something special to lamb chops that is truly delicious

CONTENT: (©Oct 20, 2008~Ciao-originally published at Ciao under my pen-name of pyewacket)

With the exception of my great-grandmother, no one in my family were keen on lamb except for me. I love lamb and would prepare it for special occasions or holidays, however, one doesn't have to wait for a holiday to make this stuffed lamb chop recipe. Anytime one wants something just a little special and if you love lamb, this is the perfect meal to prepare.

Stuffed Lamb Chops

4 Thick Lamb chops with bone (at least an inch thick)

Stuffing:
1 cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 clove garlic finely chopped
4 mushrooms, washed, with stem removed and chopped
2 tablespoons butter
In skillet, melt butter and add the chopped shallots, garlic and mushrooms and sauté until done. Turn heat off and add the breadcrumbs and blend. Let cool.

Take each thick lamb chop, and carefully cut into the center of each chop creating a pocket. Stuff each lamb chop with the stuffing mixture. To keep stuffing secure in the chops, seal the pocket close with a toothpick in each chop.
You may broil the chops for 8 minutes for rare or about 15 minutes for medium done. However, I always used my regular oven and baked the chops in a roaster type pan that had a wire rack in which I could place the chops on the rack and would bake for approximately 20 to 30 minutes at 350º F

As a great side dish for the chops I always loved serving any lamb dish with asparagus. You may also serve with another side dish such as a small baked potato.

For a gravy I do a really simplistic method. I boil a cup of water, add a beef bouillon cube, and once the "broth" is made, I thicken it up by using cornstarch...about a tablespoon or two mixed with some water to make a paste then slowly add into the broth and blend with a whisk.

(UPDATE: I have to confess I really don't eat lamb anymore, but thought I'd share this recipe that I used to make anyway for those that do).

No comments:

Post a Comment